Your visit to Tobermory Harbour
Our team are looking forward to welcoming our valued customers back to Tobermory for the 2021 season.
These are unprecedented times and we are working hard to protect our visitors, our staff and our community. We ask for your help to make your visit to Tobermory a safe and positive experience for all.
We are monitoring Scottish Government guidance continually and ask that you check their website for current restrictions (both national and local) and other up to date information.
The Scottish Government have advised that travellers to the Scottish Islands should take two lateral flow tests for COVID-19 prior to their visit. The first three days before travel and the second on the day of departure.
Scottish Residents can order a free home test kit online https://bit.ly/3xhmcus. Visitors travelling from other parts of the UK can access regular lateral flow tests from their own NHS.
From 21st June 2021
- Commercial vessels must book in advance
- Non-Commercial vessels over 12.1m must book in advance
- Vessels 12m and under operate on a non-bookable first come basis
- Non-bookable vessels should call channel 68 upon arrival
- Call the office 01688 302876, 7 days 9am - 5pm or
You can contact Harbour staff on 01688 302876, duty mobile 07917 832497 or VHF channel 68.
Contact details are required from skippers or boat owners using our facilities*
To ensure the safety of our visitors and help with social distancing, the number of boats and the number of visitors using our facilities may be limited.
As part of the booking process you will be allocated a mooring or berth, please see the plan below for directions - Updated plan coming soon. To book please call 01688 302876 9am - 5pm (7 days) or e-mail
- There is no pump out facility in Tobermory.
- Give way at the top of the bridges to pontoon users exiting the pontoons.
- Maintain Social distancing at all times.
- Please vacate your berth by 3pm on day of departure.
- The mooring buoys are blue and white and labelled with the max weights: 15T, 25T & 80T. (Please ensure the correct weight is used for your vessel).
- If coming ashore, please maintain social distancing at all times.
- Please vacate your mooring by 3pm on day of departure
- Please anchor towards Aros Bay, or in the Doirlinn. Do not anchor in the area where the visitor moorings are as the blocks and chains are on the seabed.
Vessels over 12m on the booking system will be asked to pay via the bookings portal or on account.
Vessels 12m and under will be contacted by the Harbour staff to pay either via the portal, by card or if you prefer by cash
Our commercial fuel berth, which has both high flow and low flow dispensers, is situated on the North Arm Breakwater pontoon in Tobermory.
The Fuel Berth Pumps dispense marked marine diesel only. This diesel is strictly not for road use.
Commercial Fuel is available from 0915hrs – 1630hrs 7 days a week. Please call us in advance to arrange refuelling.
What are Tobermory Harbour doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
• We have implemented frequent cleaning regimes, provided hand sanitisers and will be restricting boat numbers.
• We now also have a new online payment option.
We will be maintaining Covid safe distancing, but our aim is to try and maintain our friendly service and ensure you have a relaxed stay with us.
What Facilities will be open for harbour users?
- The harbour building will be open to the public as usual, with access to toilets and showers.
- After 5pm the building will close to the public but will remain open for our harbour visitors.
- There will be regular cleaning throughout the day.
- Please be aware that legislation may change at any time and we may be forced to close facilities.
Is it business as usual in Tobermory?
You will find a list on our website and also attached to your booking confirmation e-mail but recommend you check with the local businesses for updates as they work on the challenges of social distancing.
Can I get items delivered to the boat, so I can stay aboard?
Some businesses have indicated that they will be willing to arrange delivery.
Refer to the LIST of local businesses and services as above but keep an eye on Facebook or contact the businesses direct for updates and arrangements.